Monday, December 14, 2009

filipino food.

ok so everybody that knows me personally knows i have a love/hate relationship with filipino food. don't get me wrong i'm definitely proud to be half filipina. my family is always trying to feed me loads of filipino food but i really don't like eating a lot of them. i only eat maybe three or four dishes. some of my favorite dishes include:

lumpia ; which is just filipino style eggrolls. filled with meat and vegetables. fried and dipped in sweet chilli sauce. i could eat enless amounts of these lil fuckers. pretty much my plate at filipino functions is filled with these. i try to make them for myself too but it just takes too long. i just usually buy them at my local seafood city.


pansit ; noodlaes with meat and vegetables cooked in soy sauce. soooooo good. th ' other half of my plate that is not filled with lumpia is filled with a pile of pansit.


leche flan ; dessert pretty much made of eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. pretty much a fatt ass orgasm in my mouth. after one bit you can't stop. swear to God.



halo-halo ; dessert i can't really explain what's in it. shaved ice, ice cream, condensed milk, flavored jellies, a peice of leche flan. it's a whole bunch of shit put together. th ' outcome is very delicious. i probably shouldn't have used th ' word shit in my description but trust me when i say that halo-halo is GOOD!

that's pretty much th ' most filipino food that i will ever eat. there will be a few other ones that i'll try if it looks good. but i'm not that into filipino food. i can't stomach th ' thought of eating some filipino food. for example these foods:

adobo chicken ; there's nothing really wrong with it. it just doesn't taste so good to me. it's just boiled chicken in soy sauce and vinegar. it's a pretty basic filipino dish that's a favorite among filipinos except for me.

dinguan; ok this is really gross. apparently a lot of filipinos like it but in my opinion i do not see th ' appeal. it's basically pork cooked in porks BLOOD. yeah i say no to that everytime. plus it's a dark ass brown color that just doesn't sit too well with me.

balut ; this is something i can't stomach. a lot of my family members eat this but it's just disgusting to me. it's an egg that's boiled but instead of actual egg it's a baby chick in there. barely full grown and they get boiled and eaten. suck th ' juice out and shit. oh God. it's gross just thinking about it. especially watching my lil' cousin eat it and tell me th ' head is th ' best part.

lechon ; obviously you can tell what it is. it's a roasted pig. walking into a filipino function and you'll see one of these on th ' table. i just can't stomach cutting into a pig when it's staring at me. blah. almost makes me want to be a vegetarian.

now this is just my taste preference. i don't mean to offend anybody who likes or dsilikes any of these foods. just my personal opinion. everything should at least just be tried once though before making an informed decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers